Search engine optimisation (SEO) is fundamental in allowing your site to be found when users need your product or services.
The purpose of SEO is to create a seamless user experience and to communicate with search engines your intention in order to recommend your website for the relevant searches.
Many people may not see the point in using SEO when in fact it is a highly effective marketing method:
- It allows company’s to expand their target audience by grabbing more market share over search engines.
- It is a cost effective alternative.
- It increases brand credibility when a user finds you organically.
- All your competitors are using it so you need to boost the perceived position of your company in your marketplace.
You may still be asking, “why use SEO?”
- 70% of clicks for a particular search on are organic.
- 75% of users never click past the first page of results.
- 18% of organic clicks go to 1st position, 10% of clicks go to 2nd position and 7% of clicks go to 3rd position.
- 79% of search engine users say they frequently click on the natural search results.
These facts are hard to deny and if you are looking for long-term success for your website, it will help to improve your rankings and increase your presence in organic search results.
The best time to start using SEO is once you have built a great website, try to include a site map and do keyword research at the start of this new project in order to make your site SEO friendly. Next you must make sure to use unique content and write for your users, it is always important to keep your users engaged. Once you feel that you have met these site needs this will be the perfect time to think about using SEO.
Now although many of you may want to start using SEO you may not know how to go about it or how to choose a partner or agency that will help you with this. You must first do your research when choosing an agency that will help with SEO for your site, once you have found what you are looking for and what best suits your company you can begin your journey of long-term marketing success.